2016 FOREIGN SERVICE OFFICER (FSO) QUALIFYING TEST
The Philippine Consulate General in Dubai and the Northern Emirates wishes to announce that the Board of Foreign Service Examinations will conduct the Qualifying Test for the Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination on 07 August 2016.
The following are the guidelines for the qualifying test:
- Application forms should be printed in an 8.5 x 13 inches (long) bond paper;
- The applicant should be a natural-born Filipino citizen and must present a copy of her/his valid passport and visa or a valid contract of employment in the host country (if applicable);
- The applicant should not be more than thirty five (35) years of age on the day of the Qualifying Test, which is 07 August 2016;
- The applicant should be a holder of at least a four (4) year bachelor’s degree or higher. (Please present relevant evidence, i.e transcript of records, and either diploma or certificate of graduation as indicated in the Announcement);
- The applicant should have been employed or undertaken further studies at least two years after graduating from college or university;
- If married to a foreigner, the applicant must secure from the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, through the Board of Foreign Service Examinations, authority to take the FSO Examinations;
- If applicant has dual or multiple citizenships, he/she should submit a notarized affidavit stating that upon passing the examinations, he/she intends to renounce his/her allegiance to all his/her other countries of citizenship; he/she must also submit a notarized affidavit stating that he/she is a permanent resident in the Philippines.
The deadline for submission of completed application forms together with the prescribed requirements is on 10 June 2016 at the Philippine Consulate with the non-refundable payment of AED 40 (Php 500). Incomplete requirements will not be accepted.
The final determination of the applicant’s eligibility to take the Qualifying Test rests on the final decision of the Board of Foreign Service Examination.