Processing of Report of Birth and New Passport are done at the same time. Report of birth of the infant/child needs to be computerized based on the sample below and to be signed by the Filipino parent/s.

The Report of Birth is a declaration of the birth of a child born abroad to parents at least one of whom is a Philippine citizen. Filipino parent/parents must promptly register the birth of a child with the Philippine Embassy or the Philippine Consulate General in order for such a birth to be registered with the Office of the Civil Registrar General in the Philippines.

Ideally, the birth must be reported within twelve (12) months after its occurrence to the Embassy or Consulate that has jurisdiction over the place of birth. When the parents neglect to report the birth within twelve (12) months, the birth may, nevertheless, be recorded upon the determination of the consular officer of satisfactory evidence on the authenticity of the report. In these cases, the person who executed the report shall furnish the Embassy or Consulate with an explanation surrounding the delay in reporting the birth.


  1. Parents do not need to get appointment for the passport application of their infants. E-Passport Application Form, accomplished by either parent (if out of wedlock, by mother);
  2. Report of Birth Form.
  3. Original and a copy English Birth Certificate duly authenticated by UAE Ministry of Health and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, duly stamped by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affaits translation and (6) photocopies;
  4. Photocopies of the Passport of each parent, (6 copies, data page only);
  5. Six (6) Photocopies of;
    •  Original DFA authenticated (red ribbon) NSO Marriage Certificate Security paper, if married in the Philippines.
    • Original DFA authenticated (red ribbon) NSO Report of Marriage, if married abroad.
  6. Personal appearance of Filipino parent(s) and infant/child;


  •  For those who have not filed a Report of Marriage please see requirements for Report of Marriage
  • For those married at the Philippine Consulate-Dubai, the Original Marriage Contract may be submitted. However, if the marriage occurred more than one year ago, applicant must present an NSO copy of the same.



  1. Fill out Report of Birth Form.
  2. Proceed to Passport Processing Area. Submit documents required.
  3. Proceed to the Cashier  for payment (Must be paid in Dirhams only). 
  4. Pay appropriate Courier fee.
  • The despatch number/reference number and date when the document was endorsed shall be made available. This is required by the NSO in securing an authenticated copy of the Birth Certificate.

Fee : AED 100.00 

Note: One (1) set of photocopied documents will be used for the Enrolment step in the Passport application process (see Philippine Passports Section for First-Time Applicants)

Petition for Correction of Clerical Error in the Consular Report of Birth

Requirements, four (4) copies each, to be filed at Notary Processing Section

  • Duly accomplished Form
  • NSO issued Report of Birth
  • Consulate General issued Report of Birth (copy)
  • Passport copy (if already issued)
  • Passport copy of both parents

Fee : AED 200.00


If married in the Philippines, please present the original NSO issued Marriage Contract duly authenticated by DFA. A photocopy of the same is also required.

If married in the Consulate General of the Philippines, Dubai, please present the original Marriage Certificate and Report of Marriage. If said marriage was already reported for more than a year, please present the original DFA authenticated NSO Report of Marriage together with original Marriage Certificate and Report of Marriage issued by the Consulate General.

If one of the parents is not a Filipino Citizen, the Marriage Contract MUST be attested by the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dubai. The marriage must be reported first before the filing of the Report of Birth.

If marriage took place outside the Philippines and outside UAE (e.g. India, Sri Lanka, Sychelles, etc.) the marriage MUST be reported to the Philippine Post with jurisdiction.

If married in the UAE outside the Philippine Embassy (Abu Dhabi) and Consulate General (Dubai), please present the original Marriage Certificate duly stamped by Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You also need to file a Report of Marriage first, in Abu Dhabi for those married in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, and Consulate General for those married in Dubai and Northern Emirates.