The Marriage Section is open from Sunday to Thursday except holidays (both Philippines and UAE) from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM. No processing/application on Thursday to give way to solemnization of marriage.
Note: All forms must be computerized/typewritten in Block Format.
NOTICE: ONLY FILIPINO CITIZENS (BOTH PARTIES) CAN BE MARRIED AT THE CONSULATE GENERAL
- The Philippine Consulate General has jurisdiction over Dubai and all Northern Emirates.
A Filipino citizen married outside the Philippines must register the marriage with the Philippine Foreign Service Post (Embassy or Consulate) of the country where the marriage was officiated.
A Report of Marriage will then be issued and transmitted by the Philippine Foreign Service Post through the Department of Foreign Affairs for registration and recording with the Office of the Civil Registrar General in the Philippines.
REPORT OF MARRIAGE
Marriages of Filipino national/s solemnized at Courts, Churches, Consulate/Embassy of the foreigner spouse within Dubai and Northern Emirates recognized by UAE government.
1. Fill out 5 copies of Report of Marriage (ROM) form (with original signatures of husband and wife)
Note: Details such as age must be at the time of marriage. Indicate full maiden names of mothers of husband and wife. (refer to the sample form for guide in filling out ROM)
2. Submit abovementioned duly filled out form and other requirements specified below at the Marriage Section:
- (1) Original and five (5) Photocopies of English or English Translated Marriage Contract duly attested by Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UAE.
- (5) Recent colored photos of husband and wife (passport size)
- (5) Colored copies of passports of both parties
- (5) Copies of duly filled out Joint Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Marriage form if marriage was not reported within 6 months from the date of marriage. (with Original signatures of husband and wife)
- For divorce obtained by the foreign spouse – based on Article 26 of the Family Code, submit the Philippine judicial recognition of a foreign-issued absolute divorce decree (five copies).
- For Annulled or Widowed Applicants – submit the Judicial Decree of Annulment or Declaration of Nullity of Previous Marriage or the Death Certificate of the former spouse (five copies).
- Any other document(s) that will be requested by the processor.
3. Proceed to Cashier for payment (Must be paid in Dirhams only).
4. Transaction complete. Wait for delivery of document via courier
5. 3 months after the reporting of marriage, the despatch number will be emailed to both parties so that they can process the release of their report of marriage from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA formerly NSO).
FEES: AED 100.00 and Additional AED 100.00 for Affidavit of Delayed Registration
- Processing/submission of application is from Sunday to Wednesday, 8:00 am to 3:30 PM (EXCEPT holidays).
- NO PROCESSING/SUBMISSION ON THURSDAYS TO GIVE WAY TO MARRIAGE CEREMONIES.
- 3 months after the reporting of marriage, the despatch number will be emailed to both parties in order to process the release of their report of marriage from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), formerly NSO.