IMPORTANT REMINDER: In view of the current health crisis, applications are strictly by appointment.
The Philippine Passport is at all times the property of the Republic of the Philippines. It must be surrendered upon demand by an authorized representative of the Philippine Government.
Alteration, addition, or destruction of contents is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized change will render a passport invalid and will have accompanying penalties.
Using the passport as collateral is against the law and will automatically render the passport cancelled.
The information provided in the passport application form must be true and correct. The documents that will be submitted should be complete and authentic. Under the law, making false statements in the passport application form, furnishing falsified or forged documents in support thereof are punishable by law.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A PHILIPPINE PASSPORT:
- All applicants should secure an online appointment when applying for a passport;
- The public is advised to secure their passports prior to booking their flights. Flight bookings should ONLY be made if passports are still valid for at least six (6) months;
- Confirmed appointment is required for all applicants;
- Applicants are requested to be at the Consulate at least 15 minutes only before their appointment time;
- Personal appearance is required for all applicants;
- Prepare all the originals and photocopies of the documentary requirements for passport application.
- Jewelleries such as earrings and necklaces and colored contact lenses are not allowed during photo capturing;
- The Consulate adheres to “No Escort” policy; escorts shall be prohibited from entering the Consulate premises to accompany the applicants.
AFTER APPLYING FOR A PHILIPPINE PASSPORT:
- Applicant shall bring the passport receipt for release of their passport. In case of lost passport receipt an Affidavit of Loss is required.
- Check if all the data on the passport are correct before leaving the Passport Releasing Office.
- For applicants 13 years old and above, immediately affix the signature on the third page of the passport booklet upon receipt of the passport. For minors 12 years old and below, leave it blank.
- If the applicant cannot personally claim his/her passport, an immediate family member or an authorized representative shall present an Authorization Letter or a Special Power of Attorney respectively, to claim the passport in behalf of the applicant. Both documents should contain the name and photocopy of the ID of the authorized individual.
- Passports unclaimed after one hundred and eighty (180) days will be cancelled per Department Order No. 37-03.
- Do not staple anything on the passport booklet especially the covers as it may damage the electronic chip and render the epassport unreadable.